Research Website URL
Google Scholar URL
ORCID Profile ID
Biodefense, biosecurity, biological disarmament, biological weapons, chemical weapons, arms control, disarmament, international security
- To date, I have partnered with Arizona State University on several key projects regarding the threat of biological weapons.
- One project looks at the use of chemical and/or biological weapons (CBW) by States in assassinations, and the lessons learned regarding the strength or weakness of norms and laws prohibiting the use of CBW. The lessons highlight the growing threat of CBW use in assassinations in an increasingly unstable and uncertain international world order.
- A second project is examining the CBW threat posed by apocalyptic and millenarian religious movements. Historically, several of these groups (ex: Aum Shinrikyo, Rajneeshees, and Colonia Dignidad) have acquired or attempted to acquire CBW to cause catastrophic harm. We now are looking to identify if such groups exist today.
- Another project is focused on next-generation or "over-the-horizon" biological weapons. This project will assess the feasibility of gene sequencing, editing, and synthesis in developing new forms of biological weapons.
- I also have completed a project looking at artificial intelligence as a tool to assist malign actors in the development of biological weapons.
- I provided training on intelligence analysis and intelligence writing to a Fortune 500 company.