Profiles in "Urban Infrastructure" Expertise Area
- Johnston’s research focuses on policy informatics, the study of how computational and communication technology is leveraged to specifically understand and address complex public policy and administration problems.
- Pendyala's research expertise ranges from travel demand modeling and forecasting and activity-travel behavior analysis to multimodal transportation planning and policy analysis.
- Middel’s research interests lie in the interdisciplinary field of urban climate with focus on climate-sensitive urban form, design, landscapes, and infrastructure in the face of extreme heat and climatic uncertainty.
- Phil’s international career and leadership experience has spanned the fields of system dynamics, 3D analytic and visualization systems, management consulting and analytic services and urban design, He is CEO of ORBIS Dynamics (www.orbisdynamics.com).
- Garcia investigates factors influencing the sustainability and resilience of urban water supply systems by advancing the theory of coupled systems and translating theory into actionable models to support infrastructure.
- Meerow combines the disciplines of geography and urban planning as she researches how to make cities more resilient in the face of climate change as well as other social and environmental hazards.
- David Proffitt is a postdoctoral research scholar at the Global Institute of Sustainability researching community responses to climate change, urban resilience to extreme heat, and equitable access to transportation.