Profiles in "Science and Society" Expertise Area
- Miller is professor and director of the Center for Energy and Society in the School for the Future of Innovation in Society at ASU.
- Nadesan teaches courses that look at risk and crisis communications, bio-ethics, economic and corporate communication, propaganda and online social advocacy, and interpretive and critical methods.
- Johnston’s research focuses on policy informatics, the study of how computational and communication technology is leveraged to specifically understand and address complex public policy and administration problems.
- Lauderdale's teaching and research interests include comparative law, indigneous jurisprudence, racialization, diversity, global indigenous struggles, and international terrorism.
- Maienschein explores the history and philosophy of development, genetics, and cell biology. They explore ways that biology, bioethics and bio-policy play out in society, with an emphasis on effective communication.
- Ellison's research and teaching focus on research ethics and ethics education. She directs the School of Life Science Ethics Program and is the Associate Director of the Center for Biology and Society.
- Keeler is a sustainability scientist and futures scholar. Her research focuses on the future impact of emerging technologies on people, cities, and sustainability.