Profiles in "Neurobiology" Expertise Area
- Pavlic works in interdisciplinary decision-making problems in natural and artificial autonomous systems. He was the founding associate director of research for The Biomimicry Center at ASU.
- Dr. Newbern's research is centered on developmental neuroscience. His laboratory studies the biochemical mechanisms that direct the formation of the brain and spinal cord.
- Gerkin investigates how smell perception, learning and behavior are represented in the brain. He also pursues neuroinformatics, development of tools and standards to facilitate analysis of neuroscience models and data.
- Smith is a behavioral neuroscientist studying learning and memory systems in both insects and mammals. His work is being applied to studies of human diseases, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- Steven Hoffman is an immunologist, neuroscientist and philosopher who has studied how the immune system and brain interact, and currently is integrating this work into philosophical perspectives.
- Dr. Cook-Deegan's research interests include science policy, health policy, biomedical research, cancer and intellectual property.