Profiles in "String Instruments" Expertise Area
- An internationally acclaimed performer and string pedagogue, Jiang is a Professor of Violin and recipient of the Distinguished Teacher Award and Professor of the Year Special Recognition Award at Arizona State University.
- Rotaru, double bass, performs on a modern instrument made in Italy by Luciano Golia and a bow made by Marco Pasquino, and is a Pirastro Strings endorsing artist.
- Swartz is the founder and artistic director of the Visiting Quartet Residency Program at ASU.
- Landschoot is the founder and the artistic director of the Sonoran Chamber Music Festival. He performs on a cello by Tomaso Balestrieri (1776) and a Dominique Pecatte bow.
- Schmidt’s research focuses on preservice and beginning teachers, and teachers and students in underserved schools.
- Koonce has directed the guitar program at Arizona State University since 1978.
- “About as omnivorous as a contemporary artist gets” (NYT), Daniel Bernard Roumain (DBR) is perhaps the only composer whose collaborations span Philip Glass, Bill T. Jones, Savion Glover and Lady Gaga.