Profiles in "Biomechanics" Expertise Area
- Abbas is the director of the Center for Adaptive Neural Systems. His research interests are in applications of neural engineering techniques and technology in the area of medical rehabilitation.
- Dounskaia investigates how the central nervous system adjusts its descending signals to the biomechanical properties of the limbs. Her teaching interests include fundamental issues of motor control and their applications.
- Ferry's research focuses on the evolution of jaws and their function in the aquatic realm, as well as performance of biomaterials.
- Pavlic works in interdisciplinary decision-making problems in natural and artificial autonomous systems. He was the founding associate director of research for The Biomimicry Center at ASU.
- Mr. Marsit is a teaching professor and program director for Sports Science and Performance Programming for the College of Health Solutions at ASU.
- Dr. Lockhart is the Inaugural MORE Foundation Professor of Life in Motion Professor in the Biomedical Engineering program in the School of Biological Health and Systems Engineering at Arizona State University.
- Cheryl Nickerson studies the effects of biomechanical forces on living cells, how this response is related to normal cellular homeostasis or infectious disease, and its translation to clinical and biotechnology applications.
- Program Director, MS Strength and Conditioning