Profiles in "Soil" Expertise Area
- Williams' research focuses on the chemical composition of clays and their interactions with organics and microbes.
- Dr. Green's current research interests include impact of urbanization on riparian areas and the efficacy of restoration efforts in small stream channels and riparian areas.
- Ball is a field ecologist studying the impacts of global environmental change (such as air pollution, species loss, and climate change) on soil ecosystems. Currently her research has focused on desert and polar soils.
- Cadillo-Quiroz studies how microbes drive ecosystem and applied processes to find climate solutions
- Garcia-Pichel is the Director of the Center for Applied and Fundamental Microbiomics. He studies the roles, adaptations and impacts of microbes in natural environments, from desert soils to shallow marine waters.
- Hall is an ecologist and conservation scientist who studies connections between people and the environment. She is the faculty lead for the Conservation Bio & Ecology degree program and an award-winning teacher in her field.