Profiles in "19th Century American Literature" Expertise Area
- Joe Lockard is associate professor of English, specializing in 19th-century American literature, prison literature, and translation economies.
- Rosemarie Dombrowski is the inaugural Poet Laureate of Phoenix, AZ and the founding director of Revisionary Arts, a nonprofit that facilitates therapeutic poetry workshops for vulnerable populations and the community at large.
- Holbo studies American literature from the age of sentiment to the modernist era.
- Rebecca Soares' research interests include 19th-century British and American literature, spiritualism, artistic and literary states of mind, transatlantic and global literature of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Olson holds a doctorate in English studies from ASU's Department of English. She has been an instructor in ASU's Writing Programs since 1996, focusing on First-Year Composition.
- Bert Bender taught American literature at ASU from 1971 to 2003. He had a parallel career as a commercial fisherman in Alaska's Cook Inlet from 1963-1992.