Profiles in "Russian and East European Studies" Expertise Area
- Fellner is a three-time Fulbright Scholar (Latvia, Moldova and Bulgaria) and five-time Fulbright Senior Specialist (Indonesia, Lithuania, Latvia and twice in North Macedonia).
- Clay studies the religious history of Russia and Eurasia, the Eastern Christian tradition, confessional identities, new religious movements and the spiritual marketplace in the Russian Empire and its successor states.
- Dr. Stoff specializes in Russian, East European, women's and gender history and studies, and the history of war and society, with a specific focus on the First World War and revolution in Russia.
- Laura (Popova) Jakubczak has been at ASU since 2006 and specializes in the archaeology and paleoecology of the Eurasian Steppe.
- Schmelz's areas of expertise include 20th- and 21st century music; Ukrainian, Russian, and Soviet music; music in the Cold War; popular and experimental music; film music; music and politics; and sound studies.
- Dr. Dina Ziganshina received her PhD in Biology (Biology & Society) from ASU in 2023 and currently works as the Senior Program Manager at the School of Complex Adaptive Systems at ASU.
- Brown is the director of ASU’s Melikian Center. His research and teaching focus on the Western Balkans in global context.