Profiles in "Oceanography" Expertise Area
- Elser investigates the theory of biological stoichiometry — the study of the balance of energy and multiple chemical elements in living systems.
- Hartnett has joint appointments in the School of Earth and Space Exploration and the School of Molecular Sciences. Her current research interests are in the areas of biogeochemistry, astrobiology, and organic geochemistry.
- Neuer is a biological oceanographer and plankton ecologist and studies the oceanic carbon cycle, particularly the role of plankton organisms in uptake and sequestration of anthropogenic carbon dioxide.
- Trembath-Reichert is a geobiologist studying microbial life in the deepest, darkest portions our planet to understand its limits, origins and extensibility beyond Earth.
- Das, a computer scientist, holds the Alberto Enrique Behar Research Professorship, with expertise in robotic monitoring, machine learning, autonomous systems, and unpiloted vehicles. He is also a core faculty at ASU GDCS.
- Marc Fontánez is a Graduate Service Assistant at the Biodesign Center for Fundamental & Applied Microbiomics.