Profiles in "Health Communication" Expertise Area
- Lederman currently focuses on the power of personal narratives in recovery from addiction to alcohol. She and her communication students designed and run DYK10 (Do You Know 10?).
- Mongeau studies communication in the earliest stages of romantic relationships and persuasion and social influence.
- D'Angelo's research interests include writing assessment; the impact of assessment on curriculum development, outcomes, and pedagogy; threshold concepts and transfer of learning; metacognition; and information literacy.
- Roberto’s research and teaching interests focus primarily on social influence and health communication.
- Warriner is an educational anthropologist who examines the social, political, economic, and ideological dimensions of immigration and transnationalism.
- Fox's current work focuses on the histories of positive emotions and well-being, as well as the role of fictional and cultural narratives in shaping emotion.
- Szejda's research focuses on designing and evaluating messages about the health and sustainability aspects of food choices.
- Kim’s research interests include cancer patient/caregiver supportive care, quality of life, and psychosocial well-being, with a particular emphasis on digital storytelling as a therapeutic intervention.
- Manson's specialty and internationally recognized subject matter expertise is within the area of building fiscally sustainable integrated health care with identifiable return on investment and cost savings.