Profiles in "Continental Philosophy" Expertise Area
- Tompkins specializes in Latin American literature and cultural production, theory and film. She co-edits Imagofagia, is the editor-in-chief of Chasqui, and runs a summer abroad program in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Huntington specializes in continental philosophy, avidly engages in comparative (East-West) philosophy with an emphasis on Buddhism, and aims to globalize as well as decolonize philosophy.
- Bixby's research addresses modernist studies, Irish studies, postcolonial theory and criticism, and issues of travel, mobility, and the body.
- Sha's research concerns ethico-aesthetic improvisation, and a topological approach to morphogenesis and process philosophy.
- Meredith Hoy is Assoc. Professor of Art Theory in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts at ASU. Her research deploys a systems theoretical approach to media arts, technology, ecology, science, and cultural history.
- Moran's current research investigates how methods in the physical sciences provide a foothold for thinking about the materiality of knowledge production in feminist theory and practice.
- Oranli's research and teaching interests include Social and Political Philosophy, Continental philosophy, Theories of Evil, Postcolonial theory, Genocide Studies and Feminist Ethics.