Profiles in "Environmental Science" Expertise Area
- Boone's research contributes to ongoing debates in sustainable urbanization, environmental justice, vulnerability, global environmental change, and higher education innovation.
- Prof.Sandrin teaches and coordinates introductory-level environmental science courses. She is also an active researcher in the area of science education and the influence of families and society on science interests.
- Ball is a field ecologist studying the impacts of global environmental change (such as air pollution, species loss, and climate change) on soil ecosystems. Currently her research has focused on desert and polar soils.
- Dean Chiarelli's focal areas are environmental health, food safety & protection, nutrition, physical activity, and healthy aging.
- Polidoro has a broad background in the marine, chemical and environmental sciences. Her research interests are in marine biodiversity conservation, risk assessment and applied toxicology.
- Mueller-Alexander started as a Social Sciences, Education, & Business Librarian doing online searching. She then added all the sciences, engineering, & medical areas before coming to ASU. She is at the Poly campus.
- David Manuel-Navarrete works on the subjective dynamics of social-ecological and technological systems, including the transformation of cities and water infrastructure in the Anthropocene.