Profiles in "Global Urbanism" Expertise Area
- Koptiuch is a cultural anthropologist and urban ethnographer who tries to practice anthro as much performance art as social science. Global urbanism, transnational migration, diversity/inequality, digital humanities.
- Haines is co-director of ASU's Center of Muslim Experience in the U.S. and associate professor of Religious Studies. As a cultural anthropologist he researches on marginal communities and Islamic values of peace, community wellbeing, and lived ethics.
- Roseland is an expert in sustainable community planning and development. The 5th edition of his landmark book Toward Sustainable Communities: Solutions for Citizens and Their Governments, will be published soon.
- Jamme studies the adoption of new technologies and their effects on mobility, accessibility, and sociability in cities. She uses mixed methods and conducts research in the Global North and South.
- David Proffitt is a postdoctoral research scholar at the Global Institute of Sustainability researching community responses to climate change, urban resilience to extreme heat, and equitable access to transportation.