Profiles in "Secondary Education" Expertise Area
- Early is a scholar of English education and secondary literacy. She is the director of English education and the Central Arizona Writing Project at ASU.
- Jane Legacy is interested in examining the attrition and retention of students in a technology-based courses using a new course design model, "Labryd".
- Ekiss is a past Co-coordinator of the Arizona Geographic Alliance. Well known for her expertise in geography education, she is a winner of the Distinguished Teaching Award from the National Council for Geographic Education.
- Aguila is an Exercise and Wellness instructor with an interest in health coaching, worksite wellness, and the Hispanic community.
- Elizabeth Frias' research interests include mindfulness in education, contemplative studies, teacher stress and burnout, and social and emotional learning.
- Barbara Kinach is a mathematics teacher educator who studies the role visualization and visual representations play in pre-service teacher learning of abstract mathematical knowledge and inquiry-based mathematics teaching.
- Harris' work focuses on representations of history in curricular resources and investigates how teachers teach history in schools.
- Terri Kurz primarily teaches mathematics content and methodology courses that use tools and technology to investigate concepts.
- Dr. Savaglio Battles teaches public health, health education, and health sciences classes in the College of Health Solutions.