Profiles in "Biomaterials" Expertise Area
- Vernon's research utilizes the principles of polymer science and chemistry to design and develop in situ gelling materials for drug delivery, tissue engineering and tissue reconstruction.
- Julianne’s research group integrates biomaterial design with innovative manufacturing to control and direct stem cell behavior for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications.
- Acharya is an ImmunoEngineer who works at the interface of immune system and engineering. His group collaborates heavily with physicians and physician-scientists to develop translational technologies.
- Weaver's expertise lies in integrating biomaterials, drug delivery, and tissue and immune engineering for the development of functional and immune-protected tissue and cell grafts.
- Kang's current research interests include biomaterials/biomechanics for understanding of injury and wound healing mechanisms and characterization of functional materials for energy/manufacturing applications.