Profiles in "Ornithology" Expertise Area
- Batemen is a field ecologist interested in wildlife conservation and human-wildlife interactions in urban ecosystems.
- David Pearson's research is focused on using the interaction of ecology, conservation, ecotourism and education to develop methods that promote sustainable use of biodiversity.
- Taylor is a theoretical population geneticist who uses mathematical models to explore evolutionary processes. He is especially interested in the biology of soil mites in the Madrean sky islands of Arizona and Sonora.
- McGraw is an integrative behavioral ecologist who primarily studies the colors of animals such as birds to understand the costs, benefits and evolution of visual signals.
- Phil is an advisor to the Orchard Project at EdPlus, a Senior Scholar at Georgetown University’s Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship, & the Facilitator for the USCCFdn’s T3 LER Network, etc.
- Shannon is the instructional lab manager at ASU Downtown. She oversees all the science teaching lab instructors and also teaches ABS and BIO courses.