Profiles in "Physiology" Expertise Area
- Camacho co-directed summer undergraduate research programs; research in mathematics applied to biology and sociology. She's received mentoring, research, and service awards from AAAS, PAESMEM, SACNAS, HENAAC, and ASU
- Sweazea is a physiologist who specializes in diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Ferry's research focuses on the evolution of jaws and their function in the aquatic realm, as well as performance of biomaterials.
- Okie is a biologist, complexity scientist, and astrobiologist interested in the fundamental laws and theories governing life’s distribution, organization, macroevolution, and metabolism on Earth and beyond.
- DeNardo has been a faculty member with the School of Life Sciences since 1998 and has published more than 100 scientific papers in the field of environmental physiology.
- Harrison is an environmental physiologist who studies how insects function, interact with their environment and evolve.
- Mr. Marsit is a teaching professor and program director for Sports Science and Performance Programming for the College of Health Solutions at ASU.
- Professor Chandler’s research focuses on the amphibian protein allurin. Peptides that mimic allurin attract both amphibian and mammalian sperm and are being studied for possible uses in assisted reproduction.