Profiles in "Conservation" Expertise Area
- Stromberg is a plant ecologist and botanist who specializes in riparian and wetland ecosystems.
- Pyne teaches courses on fire, the history exploration and science, and nonfiction writing. He is a world-renowned expert on fire and the history of fire.
- Perrings is co-director of School of Life Sciences Ecoservices Group—a group researching the interactions between society and the biophysical environment.
- Smith is a conservation biologist who works with mammals, primarily pikas, in the mountains of western United States and on the Tibetan Plateau.
- Hall is an ecologist and conservation scientist who studies connections between people and the environment. She is the faculty lead for the Conservation Bio & Ecology degree program and an award-winning teacher in her field.
- Lekelia “Kiki” Jenkins, studies the human dimensions of marine technologies to create sustainable ocean uses and the role of science dance in science communication. She has won numerous awards for her work.
- Program Manager for the Earth Systems Science for the Anthropocene (ESSA) initiative and the USEL lab.
- Collins is an evolutionary ecologist whose research group studies the role of host-pathogen interactions in species decline and extinction, as well as ecological ethics.
- Gerber aims to accelerate the success of biodiversity management and sustainable biodiversity outcomes by fostering relationships among academics and decision makers.