Profiles in "Vaccines" Expertise Area
- Johnston work focuses on innovative solutions to fundamental problems in biomedicine, including the development of a universal preventative cancer vaccine. He holds 60 patents.
- Dr. Chen's program of research focuses on developing and implementing tech-based interventions to address behaviors associated with HPV vaccination, HIV/STI, substance abuse and mental health issues in vulnerable populations.
- Arntzen was the Florence Ely Nelson Presidential Endowed Chair, Regent's Professor and Founding Director of the Biodesign Institute. He is a member of the U.S. Natl. Acad. of Sciences and the U.S. Natl. Acad. of Inventors.
- Chang is an immunologist who studies the development and function of the immune system and uses DNA nanostructure to design and construct more useful vaccines and immunotherapeutic agents.
- Chen is a molecular biologist who specializes in developing novel human therapeutics and vaccines in plants to combat infectious diseases, cancer, and biological warfare agents.
- Blattman is an immunologist who studies how the immune system responds to vaccination and viral infection.
- Dr. Anderson is a tumor biologist who studies how the immune system can be harnessed to detect and alter cancer development.
- Jacobs is an expert on a poxvirus called vaccinia. He has genetically engineered vaccinia as a vehicle against infectious agents, bioterrorism threats, cancer and other viruses, including HIV.