Profiles in "Digital Sound and Interactive Media" Expertise Area
- Feisst is Evelyn Smith Professor of musicology and Senior Sustainability Scholar at Arizona State University. She holds a PhD in musicology from Berlin and is interested in new music in interdisciplinary contexts.
- Moon combines various forms of art and technology to create works that encourage meaningful interactions between humans and devices. This includes music compositions/performances, interactive installations and digital art.
- Ingalls' research focuses on gestural communication and embodied media interaction, affect in music, and algorithmic media composition as well as novel mediated environments for stroke and Parkinson's disease rehabilitation.
- Paine has a joint appointment in interactive sound and digital media in the School of Arts, Media and Engineering and in composition in the School of Music, Dance and Theatre at ASU. He directs the Acoustic Ecology Lab @ ASU.
- Stephen Christensen is a sound designer and engineer, focused on the rigorous investigation of sound design and emerging technologies in contemporary live performance. He teaches Sound Design and Live Engineering.
- Sha's research concerns ethico-aesthetic improvisation, and a topological approach to morphogenesis and process philosophy.
- Hayes is a musician and sound artist who builds and performs with hybrid analogue/digital instruments, whose research centers around embodied and enactive music cognition, and audio-haptic technologies.
- Research staff with the School of Arts, Media, and Engineering
- Rachel is a Principal Graphic Designer with the Learning Support team at ASU's College of Health Solutions.