Profiles in "Law and Society" Expertise Area
- New ideas about identity, violence, and the state – and opposition to them – animate Adelman's research on families and schools,
- Haglund's research interests include human rights, globalization and international political economy, sociology of development, macro- and comparative sociology, law and society, and institutions and social change.
- Lauderdale's teaching and research interests include comparative law, indigneous jurisprudence, racialization, diversity, global indigenous struggles, and international terrorism.
- Kirkpatrick researches American political thought, with an emphasis on social movements, law, and social change. Her other interests include law and society, morality and politics, and feminist theory.
- Dr. Dina Ziganshina received her PhD in Biology (Biology & Society) from ASU in 2023 and currently works as the Senior Program Manager at the School of Complex Adaptive Systems at ASU.
- Shi Yan is an assistant professor at ASU's School of Criminology and Criminal Justice. His research focuses on guilty pleas, sentencing, and risk issues in criminal justice context. He has a Ph.D. from UAlbany. For more info, https://iamshiyan.com.
- Barclay's research project explores the interplay of political, demographic, and social movement factors that influence the deployment of law. He has a doctorate in political science from Northwestern University..
- Michael researchers the socioethical implications of emerging technologies with an emphasis on national security. She has a particular interest on the technological trajectory of implantable technologies.