Profiles in "Electron Microscopy" Expertise Area
- Director of the LeRoy Eyring Center for Solid State Science. Research interests include phase transformation nanostructure, interfaces in solids, and high resolution analytical electron microscopy.
- Ponce's current interest is in the understanding of the materials properties of III-V nitrides, and their correlation to growth and to device performance for solid state lighting.
- Weierstall is working on bio-sample delivery methods for X-ray Free Electron Lasers and Synchrotrons. He is a member of the NSF BioXFEL Science and Technology Center.
- Small received his doctorate in chemical physics while conducting research on catalytic nanoparticles at University of Illinois. He worked at Intel in Oregon before joining ASU West and moving to Arizona in 2014.
- Nannenga works in the fields of protein engineering, structural biology, and the interactions between biological molecules with inorganic materials.