Profiles in "Intercultural Communication" Expertise Area
- Martin investigates what it means to be an effective communicator when interacting with individuals from different cultural groups, in both online and face to face contexts.
- Broome's specialty is intercultural communication, with a focus on intercultural conflict, dialogue, and peacebuilding.
- A performance ethnographer widely recognized for her ability to integrate research methodologies, social science, spirituality and performance in post-colonial/indigenous study of identity, culture, and authentic expression.
- Emeritus Professor, curriculum developer, professional speaker, Organizational Development leader, and agent for positive change
- Jacqueline (Jackie) Martinez (they/she/he) is Professor of Communication and Faculty Head of Languages and Cultures at Arizona State University, and the President of the Faculty Women of Color Caucus at ASU.
- Cheong is an interdisciplinary scholar in the cultural implications of communication technologies, mediated developments for authority, religion, community and civic engagement.
- Nationally recognized scholar in visual communication, visual literacy, and professional communication pedagogy.
- Brown's teaching philosophy is to engage and encourage students to work collaboratively, and guide them towards a core understanding of the course work and its most fundamental principles.
- Dr. Catalina Cayetano's most recent work focuses on the interdependency of the (Im)migrant parent/child dialogic cultural relationship and the relational impacts of cultural intermediation in the technolinguistic experience.