Profiles in "Physics of Biological Systems" Expertise Area
- Vaiana has a research background in soft matter physics applied to biological systems. She uses methods from phase transition and polymer physics to understand the structure, dynamics and self-assembly of intrinsically disordered proteins.
- Solis' research interests are in the field of the physics of biological systems.
- Kirian's interests include free-electron lasers and x-ray diffractive imaging techniques.
- Ros' research interests are in experimental biophysics and nanoscience.
- Daniels studies the logic of collective behavior in living systems, using real-world data to build predictive models at the scale of individual interactions, and abstracting away from these toward general principles.
- Schlosser, a renowned Earth scientist, leads the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory at ASU.
- Shepherd directs the Quantitative Imaging and Inference (QI2) lab. The QI2 lab works at the interface of advanced imaging, single-molecule biophysics, image analysis, genetic regulation and developmental biology.