Profiles in "Arabic" Expertise Area
- A Fulbright Scholar, Professor Ali is the founding chair of CAIS, coordinator of Arabic Studies and head of Classics and Middle East Studies at ASU.
- Mahgoub al-Tahawy is an award-winning Egyptian novelist and short story writer, and affiliated member of the Virginia G. Piper Center for Creative Writing at ASU.
- Risha is an educator with a leading personality. She enjoys developing teaching methodologies; works hard to update her teaching experiences to fit her students’ needs and active participant in school’s activities.
- Umar has been teaching Arabic and English for 18 years and his research interest is the interplay between Syntax and Semantics in English and Arabic. He is currently researching Adverbial ordering in varieties of Arabic.
- Serhan's interests include exploring innovative instructional methods that foster active engagement in the classroom and improve students’ attitudes towards mathematics.
- Liew is a scholar of the premodern Islamic world. His research interests include the history of Islamic political thought, Islamic scholarly and intellectual culture, and Islamic historical and biographical writings.