Profiles in "Biotechnology" Expertise Area
- Johnston work focuses on innovative solutions to fundamental problems in biomedicine, including the development of a universal preventative cancer vaccine. He holds 60 patents.
- Yamashiro is an Associate Clinical Professor and Program Coordinator for the MS Biomedical Diagnostics program. He researches technology assessment and development in the healthcare field with a core strength in diagnostics.
- Blain Christen's research includes bio-compatible integration techniques for CMOS electronics; microfluidics, non-traditional microfabrication; MEMS devices/bio-MEMS; bioelectronics focused on analog and neuromorphic design.
- Delgado’s research focuses on synthetic microbiomes for treatment of contaminants and production of high-value biochemicals.
- Arntzen was the Florence Ely Nelson Presidential Endowed Chair, Regent's Professor and Founding Director of the Biodesign Institute. He is a member of the U.S. Natl. Acad. of Sciences and the U.S. Natl. Acad. of Inventors.
- Chen is a molecular biologist who specializes in developing novel human therapeutics and vaccines in plants to combat infectious diseases, cancer, and biological warfare agents.
- Torres is a leader in microbial electrochemical cell research, focusing on microbial kinetics of anode-respiring bacteria (ARB) and extracellular electron transport to and from solid electrodes.
- Dr. Anderson is a tumor biologist who studies how the immune system can be harnessed to detect and alter cancer development.
- Dr. Murugan studies epigenetic changes to environmental exposures and develops epigenetic-biomarker based diagnostic tests to detect exposures to toxic chemicals, pathogens, explosives and radiological agents.