Profiles in "Molecular Biology" Expertise Area
- Chen is a professor of biochemistry at ASU. His research interests are in the structure and function of RNA molecules and ribonucleoprotein complexes.
- Yamashiro is an Associate Clinical Professor and Program Coordinator for the MS Biomedical Diagnostics program. He researches technology assessment and development in the healthcare field with a core strength in diagnostics.
- Gaxiola studies the physiological mechanisms by which plants regulate root activity and nutrient uptake. His work may be used to engineer crops that could help secure future food supplies.
- Dr. Jurutka is an endocrinologist applying molecular medicine approaches to elucidate fundamental questions in human health/disease including work on: nutraceuticals, cancer, IBS, RXR drug discovery, and neurobiology of vitamin D.
- Todd Sandrin serves as vice provost of ASU's West campus, dean of the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, and professor in the School of Mathematical and Natural Science focusing on microbial biosignatures.
- Chen is a molecular biologist who specializes in developing novel human therapeutics and vaccines in plants to combat infectious diseases, cancer, and biological warfare agents.