Profiles in "Musicology" Expertise Area
- LaRue-Sandler manages public relations and outreach for the ASU Department of English. Current responsibilities include strategic communications, event publicity and logistics support, and development and alumni relations.
- Feisst is Evelyn Smith Professor of musicology and Senior Sustainability Scholar at Arizona State University. She holds a PhD in musicology from Berlin and is interested in new music in interdisciplinary contexts.
- Norton' s specialties include musicology, music and wellness, and American sacred music.
- Christopher E. Mehrens is a Music Librarian and Musicologist.
- Saucier specializes in late-medieval sacred music, hagiography (saints' legends), and city culture in the Low Countries (Liège, 's-Hertogenbosch). Teaching: medieval and Renaissance music, musical borrowing, choral institutions, bibliography.
- Nilanjana Bhattacharjya's research focuses on popular music, film, and visual culture from South Asia and its diasporic communities.
- Little teaches music history and ethnomusicology courses at ASU, including an online world music course that she designed for non-music majors.
- Schmelz's areas of expertise include 20th- and 21st century music; Ukrainian, Russian, and Soviet music; music in the Cold War; popular and experimental music; film music; music and politics; and sound studies.
- Christi Jay Wells is an interdisciplinary scholar in the fields of jazz history, popular music studies, dance studies, and arts & cultural policy.