Profiles in "Community Development for Social Equity" Expertise Area
- Crewe's scholarship addresses the fields of planning and urban design, with an emphasis on gender and the needs of local communities.
- Dr. Hagen’s expertise in teaching and research is in the areas of climate change adaptation and resiliency planning, environmental and social justice issues in planning, and sustainable urbanism
- Rosales Chavez is an Assistant Professor in the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning. He studies the food environment with a focus on community development, access to food and social determinants of health.
- Ward is a social scientist whose research explores the intersection of Black cultural production, culture industries and urban placemaking efforts to advance arts practice and foster inclusive community development.
- Walruff teaches macro policy and practice courses and evidence informed practice at ASU. She has held leadership positions in child welfare, maternal and child health, private philanthropy, and child advocacy.
- Pfeiffer's work focuses on housing strategies to advance social equity, the relationship between housing and health, and the socioeconomic impacts of housing market disruptions.
- Kassaw Merie, PhD, MSW is an Assistant Teaching Professor at Arizona State University School of Social Work since December 2022. He was a Lecturer and Director of Field Education at the Graduate Social Work Department of Kean University in New Jersey.
- Dr. Miller's research interests include experiential learning in post-secondary education and community development through urban agriculture.
- Glegziabher is the Director for Inclusion & Community Engagement at SHESC.