Profiles in "Women Studies" Expertise Area
- At the center of Gullett's research is a deep interest in how women construct and reconstruct identities.
- Fahs studies women's sexuality, critical embodiment, radical feminism and activism, has authored: Performing Sex, Valerie Solanas, Out for Blood, Firebrand Feminism, Burn It Down!, and practices clinical psychology.
- Karla Murphy teaches ENG and WST courses. She supports students and interdisciplinary learning. Reach her @email@example.com.
- Ward is a social scientist whose research explores the intersection of Black cultural production, culture industries and urban placemaking efforts to advance arts practice and foster inclusive community development.
- Stage is a pioneer in women and gender studies. She authored Female Complaints, co-edited Rethinking Home Economics and The Moral Panics of Sexuality, and writes for the best-selling textbook The American Promise.
- Austin teaches English and mainly focuses on English lit and writing about literature. Austin has a PhD in English literature (2009) with a Certificate in Scholarly Publishing (emph. Editing).
- Monica De La Torre earned her doctorate in Feminist Studies from the University of Washington in 2016. Her research and and teaching practices bridges Chicana feminist theory, Latina/o media studies, and radio production.
- Throughout Liz Cohen's career, she has sought to expand the language of documentary story-telling. She has used her art work to represent the lives of people marginalized and ostracized by the larger society.
- Hailu is an assistant professor of higher and postsecondary education emphasizing diversity, equity and global engagement in the division of educational leadership and innovation.