Profiles in "Popular Music" Expertise Area
- Shellans is a professional performer and music educator. He has taught 15 different courses to more than 100,000 students at ASU since 1985.
- Nilanjana Bhattacharjya's research focuses on popular music, film, and visual culture from South Asia and its diasporic communities.
- Ward is a social scientist whose research explores the intersection of Black cultural production, culture industries and urban placemaking efforts to advance arts practice and foster inclusive community development.
- Libman is a Chicago-born jazz guitarist.
- Rulon-Maxwell had been teaching and performing professionally in the Valley since relocating to Arizona in 2005.
- Campbell is a graduate of Amherst College and Peabody Conservatory, Professor Emeritus at Western Illinois University, and the author of Popular Music in America and Rock and Roll: An Introduction. He lives in Rhode Island.
- Ms. Crawl manages the ASU/NASA Space Grant program in the School of Earth and Space Exploration.
- Mario Yniguez (he/him) is a faculty associate voice instructor at the Popular Music Program. Mario is a songwright, performer, multi-instrumentalist, and director/creator from Arizona with degrees in voice and conducting.