Profiles in "Health Equity" Expertise Area
- Ohri-Vachaspati is a professor of nutrition and leads the ASU Food Environment and Policy research group. Her research examines social and ecological determinants of health, specifically in low-income minority communities.
- Eisen-Cohen has held leadership positions in many nonprofit and public organizations for 25 years. She teaches courses in management, public policy, program evaluation, leadership, and women and politics.
- Dr. Giles is currently a National Project Coordinator on special assignment for the National Social Work Program for the Veterans Health Administration.
- Brown's scholarship focuses on the effects of poverty and violence as related to the resiliency, health and well-being of underserved communities, including African Americans, Hispanic/Latinos, and urban Native Americans.
- Reddy’s primary research interests are how law and policy can be utilized as tools to improve population health outcomes, reduce health disparities and inequities.
- Yellow Horses' research focuses on understanding how larger social forces "get under skin" to generate health inequities for racialized and minoritized peoples.
- Dr. Leischow's research is clinical and translational, with a focus on pharmacologic and behavioral treatments for tobacco dependence, tobacco regulatory science, and systems and network approaches to population health.