Profiles in "Medieval Literature" Expertise Area
- Newhauser has a doctorate in English, with an emphasis on Medieval studies. His areas of research interest include the moral tradition in intellectual history and sensory studies (sensology).
- Maring explores the way that early English poems draw upon oral, literary, and ritual forms of signification for their meaning.
- Sturges' teaching and research interests include medieval literature (especially Chaucer), the Bible as literature, critical theory, gender studies, lesbian/gay/queer studies, and opera.
- Bjork specializes in Old English language and literature as well as Old Norse, modern Swedish, and modern medical writing. He was educated at Pomona College and UCLA.
- Dr. Ryan Naughton is an English Instructor and a medievalist. He has extensive experience teaching composition, linguistics, and literature. He studies knighthood and chivalry in medieval romances.