Profiles in "Culture" Expertise Area
- Stoker's research areas include Religion in the Americas, Sociology of Religion, Religion and Environmental Ethics, the American Social Gospel, and Religion in the American West.
- Pina is interested in child anxiety research but also in the study of children's courage. He feels that by taking a strength-based approach, that is positive and valued, his research can better serve community organizations,
- Roberts studies emotion and emotion regulation using cultural and biological (psychophysiological) approaches. She studies clinical and neurological populations, couples, stress and sleep.
- Denise Bodman's current scholarly interests include family processes, family history, and family narratives.
- Updegraff's interests focus on the role of family relationships in youth development from early adolescence to young adulthood in Latinx families.
- Alexander Henn works on the cultural and religious encounter between Europe and India, in particular Catholicism and Hinduism. He also specializes on the study of rituals and the current debate about the history and theory of the concept of 'religion'.
- Riding In is the editor of Wicazo Sa Review. His research, teaching, and service focus on sovereignty, repatriation, religious freedom, cultural resources laws, racism, colonization/decolonization, and Pawnee history.
- DePinto's primary professional experience has been in school social work and he has more than 30 years of experience working with chemically-dependent adolescents.
- Berkel studies health equity and the dissemination & implementation of evidence-based preventive interventions