Profiles in "Nutrition" Expertise Area
- Professor Hall is a visionary educator with demonstrated expertise in the health, wellness and fitness entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Vega-López's research focuses on studying lifestyle factors, such as diet and physical activity, and how to modify them for the prevention of chronic diseases among Hispanics.
- Sweazea is a physiologist who specializes in diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Katsanos is an exercise physiologist studying metabolic responses in humans. His laboratory utilizes stable isotope tracer and molecular biology techniques to understand muscle protein and fat metabolism in obesity.
- Craig D. Thatcher's research interest is in the area of comparative nutrition and the role of antioxidant nutrients in health and disease, particularly as it relates to obesity and insulin resistance.
- Arlene Fernandez, M.A. has a background in Health Psychology and over 10 years of experience in health research. She oversees multiple National Institutes of Health (NIH) R01 projects.
- Johnston is an expert in vitamin C metabolism, the medicinal use of vinegar, high protein diets, and vegetarian nutrition. She is the associate dean for faculty success in the College of Health Solutions.
- Mayol-Kreiser's research interests include clinical nutrition, nutrition and Hispanic population, maternal health and prevention of chronic diseases.