Profiles in "Environmental Ethics" Expertise Area
- McGregor’s current research interests are focused on a number of questions in moral and legal philosophy, in particular she is now working on a multi-year project on food justice.
- Minteer is an environmental ethicist and conservation scholar who writes about wilderness, conservation, zoos, and the history of American environmental thought and practice.
- Murphree's current research efforts focus on the ecological, social and economic aspects of the management of free-roaming horses on public lands in the American West.
- Collins specializes in applied ethics, especially business and environmental. Her courses include applied ethics, business ethics, environmental ethics, and philosophy of sex and love.
- Scott's research interests center on understanding when sustainable outcomes and happiness coincide. We are interested in win-win scenarios along with tradeoffs to support a sustainable and happy future for land, human, and more-than human communities.
- Collins is an evolutionary ecologist whose research group studies the role of host-pathogen interactions in species decline and extinction, as well as ecological ethics.
- Harvey was the first founding faculty member in Lake Havasu City. She directs the General Education/General Studies program and teaches religion, philosophy and sustainability courses.