Profiles in "Microbiology" Expertise Area
- Rittmann is director of the Biodesign Swette Center for Environmental Biotechnology. He is an international leader in the use of microbial communities to provide services to society.
- Daydif has played pivotal roles in curriculum development and course administration and is an active advocate for the development of novel one-on-one and small group methods of instruction.
- Delgado’s research focuses on synthetic microbiomes for treatment of contaminants and production of high-value biochemicals.
- Todd Sandrin serves as vice provost of ASU's West campus, dean of the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, and professor in the School of Mathematical and Natural Science focusing on microbial biosignatures.
- Chang is an immunologist who studies the development and function of the immune system and uses DNA nanostructure to design and construct more useful vaccines and immunotherapeutic agents.
- Cadillo-Quiroz studies how microbes drive ecosystem and applied processes to find climate solutions
- Haydel is an infectious disease microbiologist investigating new antibiotics to fight resistant infections, new technologies to diagnose infections in less than 2 hours, and how bacteria cause disease in humans.
- Cayle Lisenbee has a true passion for teaching. He plays active roles in curriculum development, laboratory safety, science program expansion, and community outreach.