Profiles in "Clinical Psychology" Expertise Area
- Karoly's research focus is on the development and use of a cognitive-motivational perspective applied to physical health and illness.
- Lemery-Chalfant is dually trained in developmental psychology and behavior genetics.
- Luecken is a member of the clinical and developmental psychology faculty. Her research interests include women's health and the impact of early life adversity on mental and physical health.
- Pina is interested in child anxiety research but also in the study of children's courage. He feels that by taking a strength-based approach, that is positive and valued, his research can better serve community organizations,
- Barton directs the Clinical Psychology Center and supervises the clinical work of student-therapists in the center and co-ordinates field placements.
- Barrera's research interests include prevention and behavioral treatment for type 2 diabetes, social support interventions, and behavioral health interventions for Latino families.
- Gonzales is executive vice president and university provost and Foundation Professor in the Department of Psychology at ASU.
- Wolchik is interested in developing, evaluating and optimizing programs for two types of at-risk situations: parental divorce and parental death.
- Chassin's research focuses on alcohol, tobacco use and disorders.
- Davis examines how social and emotional risk and resilience factors shape adaptation to stress.