Profiles in "Data Science" Expertise Area
- Barton is a complex systems scientist who combines anthropology, archaeology, earth science, and information technologies to study long-term dynamics and interactions of people and landscapes in the Anthropocene.
- Liang is a professor of biomedical informatics, computer science, computer engineering, and biomedical engineering. In addition to 100+ publications, he holds 35 patents. He is an elected NAI Fellow and has received numerous awards at ASU.
- Franz is an insect systematist who specializes weevil evolution. He directs the ASU Biocollections and the Biodiversity Knowledge Integration Center (BioKIC).
- Halavais helps people to discover ways in which social media change the nature of scholarship and learning, and allow for new forms of collaboration and self-government. He directs the master's program in social technologies.
- Deryc T. Painter is a computational historian and data scientist. He studies and models innovation and its relationship to interdisciplinarity at varying scales.
- Duran studies information processing as revealed in the dynamics of movement and language across individuals and groups. His research areas include social perspective-taking, interpersonal processes and deception.
- Historian and philosopher of biodiversity data, models, and commons: what knowledge do we need to get things done together while differing in fundamental ways?
- Dr. Dina Ziganshina received her PhD in Biology (Biology & Society) from ASU in 2023 and currently works as the Senior Program Manager at the School of Complex Adaptive Systems at ASU.