Profiles in "Viruses" Expertise Area
- Chen is a molecular biologist who specializes in developing novel human therapeutics and vaccines in plants to combat infectious diseases, cancer, and biological warfare agents.
- Scotch's research focuses on genomic epidemiology and bioinformatics and RNA viruses with a particular interest in influenza A viruses (human and avian).
- Blattman is an immunologist who studies how the immune system responds to vaccination and viral infection.
- Jacobs is an expert on a poxvirus called vaccinia. He has genetically engineered vaccinia as a vehicle against infectious agents, bioterrorism threats, cancer and other viruses, including HIV.
- Mor is a molecular biologist and biochemist whose research focuses on using plants to produce useful and therapeutic polypeptides, proteins and enzymes.
- Hogue is a virologist who studies how coronaviruses, a large family of RNA viruses, that includes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), assemble and cause disease.
- Varsani is a molecular virologist who works across ecosystems from plants to animals and from the tropics to polar regions.