Profiles in "Healthy Aging" Expertise Area
- Der Ananian's research interests involve the promotion of physical activity for older adults with emphasis on utilizing physical activity as a secondary prevention strategy for chronic illnesses.
- Kathleen LuPone is a clinical assistant professor in the College of Nursing and Health Innovation at Arizona State University.
- Dr. Jurutka is an endocrinologist applying molecular medicine approaches to elucidate fundamental questions in human health/disease including work on: nutraceuticals, cancer, IBS, RXR drug discovery, and neurobiology of vitamin D.
- DePinto's primary professional experience has been in school social work and he has more than 30 years of experience working with chemically-dependent adolescents.
- Waldron's primary focus areas are related to family dynamics, child development, and aging. She is also the internship liaison for The Washington Center. She regularly presents to community groups.
- Infurna is a developmental psychologist who studies resilience to major life stressors, psychosocial factors that promote healthy aging, and the changing landscape of midlife.
- Connell's passion is helping students launch their healthcare careers and helping people learn how to implement a healthy lifestyle to prevent, delay or minimize chronic disease during their lifetime.
- Lerman is a choreographer, performer, writer, educator and speaker, and the recipient of numerous honors, including a 2002 MacArthur Genius Grant.